Personal Information Handling and Privacy
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our Services, and allows you to set up either an individual user account and profile or Your Organization account and profile, that can be used to personalize your experience in relation to the Services. “Personal Information” includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person which could be a person’s name and information associated with his or her personal identity one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person including attributes designated as Personal Data under the data protection law applicable to Your Organization’s use of the Services. Personal Information, such as name, title, business address, business email, business telephone number, and IP address may be required for use of some features of the Services. If you do not want to provide Personal Information to HashMove or wish to have HashMove remove your Personal Information from the Services, please contact Your Organization’s HashMove account administrator to find out if there is an optional way for you to perform the applicable business function without submitting Personal Information. “Non-Personal Information” means information that alone cannot be used to identify or contact you. This may include information about your computer, platform, region, and click paths. “Privacy Officer” means the individual designated responsibility for ensuring that HashMove complies with this Policy.
What Personal Information Does HashMove Collect?
HashMove collects information about you from various sources and methods. You may choose to submit information to us, via our website, in connection with the use of Services, when you participate in an offer or promotion, or in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us. We also may obtain information about you from companies that use Services, publicly available information systems, consumer reporting agencies, and commercial information services. Below are the types of Personal Information about you that HashMove may collect and process:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on HashMove, including information provided at the time of registering to use Services, subscribing to Services or the procurement or provision of Logistics Services, or requesting further services. Examples of such information include: name, email, phone number, title, business name, business address, business email, business phone number, business website, business services, business profile and logo;
- Logistics Services information which allows us to display logistics services and pricing to customers and prospects. Examples of such information include: logistics services offered, trade lanes, shipping lines and logistics partners, rates, terms and conditions, customer contract rates;
- Shipment information which allows us to provide logistics services. Examples of such information include: shipment details, shipment contact information, business identification documents, shipment certificates and documents, financial information, shipment tracking, geo-location data;
- Financial Information which allows us to process payments. Examples of such information include: preferred payment method, account information;
- Usage Information in connection with Services. Examples of such information include your IP address, region, computer, platform, click paths, features you use, websites you visit;
- Personal data you provide when you provide reviews, testimonials or feedback on HashMove;
- Personal data you provide to us, or that we may collect from you, when you contact us or when you report a problem with HashMove or any Services
- A record of correspondence if you contact us;
- Crash or error information when Services crash or return an error. We may collect data to determine the cause of the error using first or third-party services.
- Any other Personal Data we consider necessary to enhance your experience on HashMove.
How Does HashMove Use Personal Information?
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results and other personalised content;
- ensure that content from HashMove is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device you use to access HashMove;
- provide you, if you are a customer, with effective customer service;
- provide your users with your logistics services and rates, documentation, and any other information deemed necessary to perform end to end logistics transactions.
- provide our customers and carriers with shipment information such as location;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and another entity using HashMove or between you and us;
- better understand your needs and interests;
- improve Services and develop new products and services;
- improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- notify you about changes to the Services; and
- invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- promote security; to protect against and prevent fraud, claims and other liabilities; and to manage corporate risk exposure;
- meet our internal and external audit obligations;
- when you apply for a job with Hashmove; and/or
- when you access Hashmove’s, its agents’ and/or business partners’ premises; and
- apply for any other reason which we deem necessary to enhance your experience on Services
How Does HashMove Collect Personal Information?
- Log Files
Third Party Cookies
|These cookies enable Google Analytics to anonymously track visitor activity across our web sites.|
|Visitor Tracking||These cookies store a unique visitor and session ids that we use to store information such as where a visitor came from, the number of pages viewed on our site, the type of content viewed on our site, and how frequently a visitor access our site. When a user completes a form, we associate the previously collected browsing data with the user in our system.|
|Cookie Consent||Stores user’s cookie preference.|
|Site Sessions||This cookie is used to persist information across page visits, such as data submitted in web forms.|
Website Tracking Services
We use in-house and third-party website tracking services, like Google Analytics, to track page views, visit source, and events (like when you complete an online form). This tracking may be done on any of our hashmove.com websites. This data can be associated with Personal and Contact Information if you have provided that type of information to us by providing your email during a Live Chat, registering for an account, or filling out a web form.
Some of our email messages from in-house or third-party services, like SendGrid, contain click-through URLs linked to specific content on our website. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications. If you prefer not to be tracked, simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
Clear GIFs (a.k.a. beacons or tags) are tiny graphic images placed on a web page, web-based document, or in an email message. We may use Clear GIFs to tell us what parts of a website you have visited, to measure the effectiveness of searches you perform on our website, or to determine if an email message has been opened. We may use this information to tailor our communications to meet your preferences.
Software Usage Reporting
Upon using HashMove Software, we may collect IP address and Non-Personal Information. This information will be automatically combined with results from other users. The resulting statistics will help us identify trends and usage patterns (for example, what shipping options and trade lanes are used more than others), which in turn will help us focus our development efforts for future versions of HashMove Software, troubleshoot problem areas, provide support, and contact you for evaluation feedback.
Disclosure By HashMove To Third Parties
HashMove does not provide your Personal Information to third parties, except as described elsewhere in this policy and in our contracts with our customers, unless (1) you (or Your Organization’s account administrator acting on your behalf) request or authorize it; (2) such disclosure is necessary to process transactions or provide services which you have; (3) HashMove is compelled to do so by a governmental authority, regulatory body, or under subpoena or similar governmental request or to establish or defend a legal claim; (4) the third party is acting as our agent or sub-contractor in performing services (e.g., HashMove’s use of a third party telecommunications provider); or (5) you designate your Personal Information to be publicly viewable in the Services. All companies that act on our behalf or in conjunction with HashMove in this manner are required to safeguard Personal Information and respect HashMove opt-out procedures. Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information or other data to these websites. HashMove reserves the right to transfer information about you to a successor organization if, we transfer the ownership or operation of one of our Services to another organization or if we merge with another organization. If such a transfer occurs, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner consistent with this policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
How Can You Access Your Personal Information?
We believe you should have the ability to access, edit, and delete the Personal Information that you have provided to us and encourage you to promptly update your Personal information if it changes. You may change any of your Personal Information in your Account online at any time by:
- Logging into your account and going into ‘Settings’ section and other such sections storing your account information.
- Contacting us with a request to update, review, or delete Personal Information at the support email found at the end of this Policy. We may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or are extremely impractical.
Deletion of your Personal Information may require approval by Your Organization and may require HashMove assistance. Some requests to delete data must be made to HashMove through the administrative contact for Your Organization.
HashMove may refuse to give access to the Services for legitimate reasons including delinquent payments on the account, a legal dispute, or security concerns. If you are unable to correct, update, or delete your personal information due to the fact that you are no longer an employee of the business that is the account holder, or your account has been terminated, you may contact HashMove at the address provided below. In each case, HashMove will take reasonable measures to accommodate your request with the basis for denying the request within at least thirty (30) days.
HashMove will retain information required to comply with legal requirements, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, privacy requests, manage active accounts, or for purposes described in this policy. We will retain personal information that we process on behalf of our customers as directed by them. We may also retain copies of your information in backup logs and files for disaster recovery purposes. However, HashMove makes no commitment to indefinitely store such data.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
Our Services are directed to individuals at the age of 18 and over. We do not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of 18 (“Children”). If we become aware of individuals who have provided us with personal data and are under the age of 18, we will take steps to deactivate the account and delete the personal data. If you become aware of information from individuals under the age of 18 which has been provided to HashMove, please contact us at [email protected].
Changes to this Policy
How Can You Contact Us?